The Treasury Department (TD) informs that due to the transition to the Internal Revenue Unified System (SURI) all tax returns, declarations, payments or any other tax transaction whose due date falls from December 6th to the 20th will be postponed to December 21, 2018. The transition process begins on December 6 and ends on December 9, 2018. During that period services offered by the TD will be limited to sale of stamps, certain vouchers and licenses.
Thus, from December 10, 2018 any transaction related to withholdings at source, estates and donations, as well as excise taxes, alcoholic beverage taxes and license rights will be made exclusively through SURI. Other transactions to be included are:
- Employers Quarterly Income Tax Withholdings Program (Form 499 R-1B);
- W2 Program and Online Informatives;
- Motor Vehicles System;
- Application for estimates on excise taxes for motor vehicles;
- Cargo and Merchandise Control System (“ASYCUDA”)
As of December 10, 2018 will be available under the Digital platform of the Treasury (except SURI) the following:
- Virtual Collections Office;
- Puerto Rico Integrated Tax Administration System (PRITAS)
- Electronic Forms System (“E-Forms System”);
TCG will keep you informed on details for the implementation of this Phase, will assist you in the process to register on such platform; as well as help you file and submit documents on the new due date.